عنوان مقاله [English]
Due to human beings’ aesthetic sense, they have always been engaged in embellishing their living environment throughout the history. Given the different culture, customs, beliefs and even varied policy of each society, the applied arts or decorative styles have constantly been evolved. The Qajar architecture was influenced by Russian and central Europe styles, and by combining them with the Iranian traditional architecture a unique style in its kind was born. Many palaces and buildings were constructed particularly, during Naser-al din shah era which were tried to present some unique and combined views of their owners power and greatness. Although Masudieh complex and Qavam al-saltaneh building were built during two different architectural periods, clearly show the particularities of the Qajarid architecture. So selection and comparison of these buildings will manifest ornamental arts changes during end of Qajarid era. The paper is trying find any similarities and dissimilarities between these decorative elements and to provide required answers to the questions being raised with regards to the specialties and styles of decorative components of the two buildings, by using collected data through library research, dissertations, documents and field studies an analytical and descriptive method has been applied in this respect. Anyhow, the available documents show that no comparative studies have been made so far in the field and only some hints are given concerning the history of Qavam building and Masudieh complex. Although the two buildings were built in two different periods of time they follow a similar style.
- Aleksandrov, Y. (1984). (The Architectural Silhouettes of the City) A Gide. Glenys Ann Kozlov. Moscow: Raduga
- Bartenev, I., Batazhkova, V. (1985). Leningrad. Architectural Land Marks. Art Museums. Suburban Places and Parks an Illustrated Guide. Alexander M. (E.d.). Leningrad: Aurora Art
- Bottineau, Y. (1986). L’art Baroque. France: Citadelles.
- Dabestani Rafsanjani, A. (2010). Iran’s Glossary and Pottery Museum Interior Architecture. Jelveh Naghsh, 34.
- Godarzi Dibaj, M. (2009). Mirror Imagination. Tehran: Location of Islamic Art and Culture Research, Sooreh- Mehr.
- Haghighi, M. (n.d.) Shadow of Old Politic Man between Ancient Glossaries in Abgineh Museum, Negareh, 40, 36.
- Hartt, F. (2003). A History of Painting, Sculpture, Architecture. Hormoz Ryahi (E.d.) Tehran: Peykan.
- Hasanein, A. (2002). Beautiful but Anonymous. Iran, 2132 (8), 11.
- Khorshid construction, Architecture Restoration and Urban Design (2011). Research of Masudieh complex.
- Faramarz Parsi and Davood Asadollah-vash (E.d.). [http://www.ek-arc.com/Home.cshtml]
- Marzban, P. & Ma’rouf, H. (2010), An Illustrated Dictionary of Visual Arts (architecture, sculpture, painting), (4rd ed.). Tehran: Soroush.
- Mohammadi, S. (2002). Tehran’s Historical Houses, Tejarat world journal, 104.
- Mousavi, F. (2002). Abgineh Museum. a+u. 12.
- Norberg, Ch. & Schulz. (2010). Meaning in Western Architecture. Mehrdad Qayomi Bidhendi (E.d & Trans). Tehran: art academy.
- Pajuhesh, M. (2005). a Glance to the Existence Traditional Arts in Masudieh Constructions in Tehran, Sooreh University: faculty of art.
- Qobadian, V. (2004). Architecture in Naserid Regality (Traditional and Modernity in Tehran’s Contemporary Architecture). Tehran: Pashutan.
- Ramezan Jamaat, M. (2009). Attitude to Housing Styles Mentioned on Entrance Space in Tehran’s Qajar Era. Tarbiat Modares University: Faculty of humanities.
- Sarshar, M. & Tavans advisor engineers. (2011). Iran
- Treasury Glossary and Pottery Museum. Consoler engineer journal, 54, 145.
- Sporre, D. J. (2004). The Creative Impulse an Introduction to the Arts. Amir J Alam (E.d & Trans). Tehran: Nilufar Books & Dustan.
- Zaka, Y. & Semsar, M. H. (1990). Tehran in picture. (Vol.2). Tehran: Surosh.
- Zarine, H. (2005). Technical Study of Pathology and Reparation Qajars Tiles (Sepahsalar Mosque and School and so Masudieh Complex and Garden). Azad University: faculty of art.
- Flickr from yahoo, [website], [online], http://www. flickr.com/photos/hwmobs/7709769776/in/photostream/, [2012/09/08]
- Gallery, [website], [online], http://gallery.sjsu.edu/paris/ architecture/fra04073.html, [2012/09/08]
- Interior original, interior designing and decorating ideas, [website], 2011, [online], <http://www.interiororiginal. com/luxurious-interior-designs-from-the-ancient-palace. html/st-george-hall-interior-decor-opulent-grand-russian-palace> [2012/05/28]
- National geographic, [website], [online], http://travel. nationalgeographic.com/travel/world-heritage/versailles, [2012/05/09]