عنوان مقاله [English]
Housing has been a major challenge for the rising population of countries during last decades and the provision of affordable standard house for low and middle-income households has always been at the forefront of sustainable development strategies and plans, especially in developing countries. Besides, the need to high-density housing systems due to rising population has become a central issue to most urban design or renewal programs in the late 20th century. Therefore, residential complex has rapidly developed into one of the most important prototype of modern housing in urban and metropolitan areas especially in developing countries leading to unprecedented challenges from the sustainability point of view. On the other hand, despite existence of many sustainable principles of residential architecture in ancient era, diverse housing problems and issues have originated in modern housing patterns of urban areas due to consequences of the process of uncontrolled urbanization and industrialization. It is obvious that in most cases, ancient principles of sustainability which have stood the test of time have been ignored in modern housing strategies and plans leading to obstacles in achievement of sustainability in residential buildings. In this paper, the intention is to introduce and analyze diverse obstacles of achieving sustainability in modern housing strategies, policies and regulations in Iran.
- Al-Gilani, A. (1999). Understanding the Image of Islamic Urban Landscape, University of Pennsylvania.
- Azadarmaki, T. (2005). The Dimentions of Iranian Modernity, Social Sciences Faculty, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
- Baharoglu, D. et al., (2005). The Macroeconomic and Sectoral Performance of Housing Supply Policies in Selected MENA Countries, Dutch Trust Fund for Low Income Housing.
- Bouliane, L. (2010). New Typology and Assembly of Multi-Unit Dwellings, Competition Entry, Southern Illinoise University.
- Behzadfar, M. et al., (2010). A New Collaborative Pattern between Landscape Architects and Urban Designers in Environmental Design, American Journal of Environmental Sciences, 6(4), 334-349.
- Farmanfarmaian, A. & Gruen, V. (1968). Tehran Master Plan, Tehran, Iran.
- Haung, L. & Du, Sh. (2010). The Integrated Urban Ecosystem and Urban Sustainabiliy, in Proc. of 48th ISOCARP Congress, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Hsu, Ch. & Shih, Chih Ming. (2006). A Typological Housing Design, Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, 5 (1), 75-82.
- Lashkari, E. & Khalaj, M., Urban Environment Quality Improvement Planning Case Study: Moft Abad Neighborhood, Tehran, Iran.
- Mahdavinejad, M. & Abedi, M. (2001). Community- Oriented Landscape Design for Sustainability in Architecture and Planning. Procedia Engineering, 21, 337-344.
- Majedi, H. et al., (2012). An Analysis to Challenges of Sustainable Urban Transport in Metropolitan Area, Journal of Basic Applied Science & Research. Res., 2(10).
- Maeiyat, M., et. al. (2009). Sustainable Housing in Semi-rural Settlements, in Proc. Of 45th ISOCARP Congress.
- Marcia, G., Hilary Th., Ade Kearns & Mark Petticrew. (2011). Understanding the Psychosocial Impacts of Housing Type: Qualitative Evidence from a Housing and Regeneration Intervention, Housing studies, 26, 04, 555- 573.
- Pegels, G. (2011). Affordable Earthquake-safe Schools and Houses, Report of Housing and Construction Enterprise, MSME.
- Mirmoghtadaee, M. (2009). Process of Housing Transformation in Iran, Journal of Construction in developing Countries, 14 (1), 69-80.
- Moradi, A. & Akhtarkavan, M. (2008). Sustainable Architecture in Hot, Arid and Sunny Region of Iran, International Journal of Engineering Science, 19 (6), 2008, 21-29.
- Needleman, L. (1965). The Economics of Housing. London: Staples Press, 18.
- Ramezani, S. & Hamidi, Sh. (2010). Privacy and Social Interaction in Traditional Towns to Contemporary Urban Design in Iran, American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 3 (3), 501-508.
- Seelig, S. (2009). Low Carbon Housing for Young Cities, In Proc. of 45th ISOCARP Congress.
- Sheykhi, M. T. (2007). Youth Housing in Tehran, Journal of Social Science, 15(2), 153-160.
- Tan, T. H. (2011). Sustainability and Housing Provision in Malaysia, Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability, 7(1).