عنوان مقاله [English]
This research is going to explore methods of utilizing nature in architecture and use them to evaluate naturalism of the samples of Iranian contemporary architecture, both qualitatively and quantitatively. The use of various aspects of the nature in Iranian contemporary architecture is less than the past. So the main questions in this research are: “Which methods of utilizing nature have influenced on the artistic works of Iranian contemporary architecture?”, and “How and how much are these influences?” In the research process, descriptive-analytic techniques are used. First, the theoretical literature was studied using the archival methods, and then the methods of utilizing nature as evaluation criteria were extracted. Next, using surveying methods, characteristics of case studies were analyzed and their quantitative and qualitative effects were presented. Research results indicated that conceptual, scenery and material techniques have been the most used in the public buildings of Iranian contemporary architecture, and formal, functional and spatial techniques have been neglected. The conclusion is that naturalism has always been on the focal attention in contemporary Iranian architects design process, but there is lack of Iranian architects’ effort to create works that nature is present comprehensively in them. On the other hand, public buildings are architectural patterns of every country, and utilizing the above methods in making such buildings can help to improve the quality of architecture in the country.
- Adibi, A., Monam, A. R. & Ghazizadeh, S. N. (2005). Position of water and waterscape in city parks, Honar- Ha-Ye-Ziba, (22), 73-82.
- Aiwazian, S. (1998). Using the traditional architectural methods in energy saving schemes, Honar-Ha-Ye-Ziba, (3), 84-89.
- Baker, G.H. (2002). Design Strategies in Architecture: an approach to the analysis of form. (S. Bozorg Gerayeli trans). Tehran: Ahoora.
- Bani Masoud, A. (2009). Contemporary architecture of Iran, Honar-e MemariGharn, Tehran.
- Ching, D. K. (1994). Architecture: Form, Space, Order, trans. Z. Gharagozl, University of Tehran, Tehran.
- Edward, B. (2010). Rough Guide to Sustainability, trans. I. Shahrouz Tehrani, Tehran :Mehrazan.
- Groat, L. & Wang, D. (2005). Architectural Research Methods, trans. (A. Einifar trans). University of Tehran, Tehran.
- Jodidio, Ph. (2007). Santiago Calatrava:1951, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Taschen, Cologne.
- Hamshahrionline. Retrieved (04 2012), from http://www. hamshahrionline.irnews-157843.aspx.
- Hosseini, S. B., Yazdanfar, S.A. & Abulghasem Hosseini, S.S. (2008). Symbolism in Islamic thinkers and its reflection in the works of contemporary Iranian architects, Abadi. (58), 68-75.
- Kamran Diba – Architect. Retrieved (07 2012), from http://www.kamrandiba.com/niavaran-cultural-center. html.
- Khakzand, M. & Ahmadi, A. (2007) A brief look at the interaction of the nature and architecture, Bagh-I-Nazar, (8), 35-47.
- Mcdonough, W. & Braungart, M. (1998). The Next Industrial Revolution. The Altantic Magazine, October.
- Mahdavinejad, M. (2003). Islamic arts, challenges with new horizons and contemporary beliefs. Honar-Ha-Ye- Ziba, (12), 23-32.
- Mahdavinejad, M. (2004). Wisdom of Islamic architecture: recognition of Iranian Islamic architecture principles, Honar-Ha-Ye-Ziba, (19), 57-66.
- Margolius, I. (2007). Architect + Engineer = Structure. (M. Golabchi, trans). University of Tehran, Tehran.
- Musalla of Tehran. Retrieved (04 2011), from http:// www.musalla.ir/tabid/158/ArticleId/47/-47.aspx.
- Naghsh, Mohandesin Moshaver. (2008). Naghd-e Asari az Memari Moaser-e Iran, Vezarat Maskan va Shahrsazi, Tehran.
- Nasr, S. H. (1993). Religion and the order of nature: The 1994 Cadbury lectures at the University ofBirmingham, Din vaNezam-e Tabiat. (M. H. Faghfuri, trans). (2005). Tehran :Nashr-e Hekmat.
- Nasr, S. H. (1997). Man and nature: The spiritual crisis in modern man, EnsanvaTabiat (Bohran-e Manavi-e Ensan-e Modern). (A.R. Govahi, trans). (2000). Daftar-e Nashr-e Farhang-e Eslami, Tehran.
- Navai, K. (2010). An Architectural Analysis: The Museum of Contemporary Art, Tehran, Iran, Archnet, IJAR, (4), 194-207.
- Nikandish, M. (2010). Impact of natural structures on the shape of the contemporary building’s structure, Teknoloji-e Memari, (42), 24-33.
- Pears, P. (1990). Structure in Nature is a Strategy for Design, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Piraaz, Consulting, Planners, Architects & Engineers. Retrieved (04 2012), from http://www.pirraz.com/ projects/n1.html.
- Protoghezi, P. (2006). Nature impact on space, Memari va Farhang, (27), 33-35.
- Ruskin, J. (1906). The Seventh Lamps of Architecture, George Allan, London.
- Senosiain, J. (2003). Bio-Architecture, Oxford: Architectural Press.
- Taghizadeh, K. (2007). Natural structures: Lessons for architects, Honar-Ha-Ye-Ziba, (28), 75-84.
- Zamani, P. (1999). Introduction to the presence of nature in architecture, Second Congress of the History of Iranian Architecture and Urbanism, Seminar Papers (14-18 April 1999) eds. B. AyatollahzadehShirazi, ICHHTO, Tehran, 457-465.