عنوان مقاله [English]
Identity is one of the focal concepts and ideas for any human being. Any kind of activity carried out by human is an attempt to gain identity which his Weltanschauung-oriented ideals determine for him. Contemplating the significance and inner nature of objects and actions can function as one of the most important creators of the identity of the individual, society, and the city. Different faces of the old city in Iran and the contemporary cities in Iran are because of identity. In addition, to form and geometrical properties of space and aesthetic addition to the form, is also having a sense of meaning in the collective memory of society closes. Constructive elements of form, composition and method of operating time, everyone has the ability to associate a meaning, enhancing the ability to create a mental image, a sense of place and urban identity. So characteristic of the city can create a mental image in the minds of citizens of the city. The present article, while reviewing the concepts of urban form and Perceived environmental, looks at Islamic urbanism. Importantly it evokes a sense of the Iranian Islamic city. The method explored in the Iranian cities is analytical and field survey to gather information. The results show that there are conceptual and aesthetic values which aimed to provide readability and enhance the image of Iranian cities. In addition, research suggests that the consequences of belonging to a place in the Iranian city provides spatial identity.
- Bahreini, H. (2007). The Process of Urban Design, Tehran, Iran: University of Tehran Publications.
- Habib, F. (2006). Inquiry within the meaning of the City, HONAR-HA-YE-ZIBA, 25, 5-14.
- Jafari, M. T. (1980). Translation and Interpretation of the Nahjolbalagheh, Tehran, Iran: Islamic Culture Publications.
- Naghizadeh, M. (1999a). Identity: Manifestation of culture in the environment, Abadi, 34 & 35, 17-28.
- Naghizadeh, M. (1999b). Attributes of Islamic City in Islamic Sacred Texts, HONAR-HA-YE-ZIBA, 4 & 5, 47- 61.
- Naghizadeh, M. (2002). Impact on the city’s architectural and cultural values, HONAR-HA-YE-ZIBA, 11, 62-76.
- Naghizadeh, M. (2005). The Signifance of Nature in Iranian Culture and Cities, Tehran, Iran: Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch.
- Naghizadeh, M. (2010a). Analysis and Design of Urban Space, Tehran, Iran: Cultural and Art Research Institute.
- Naghizadeh, M. (2010b). Theosophy, Meaning & Manifestation of Art: An Iranian Reading, Tehran, Iran: Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies.
- Nasr, T. (2007). On Art and Islamic Art, Shiraz, Iran: Navid Shiraz Publications.
- Nasr, T. (2012). Explanation of “Art” and “Art’s Wisdom” and its relation to “Identity” and “Aesthetics” in historical textures of Iranian Towns, The first International Conference on the Religion in the Mirror of Art, Iran, Hamadan.